woensdag 6 april 2016

Old Tale

ook in het Engels worden verhalen
bedacht en geschreven...

- - -

Once upon a time, in a far away land, lived an old king. He felt that soon he would die, so he called his three sons and seven daughters. All ten children came, and gathered around his bed. His seven daughters had all grown up to be gentle ladies. His three sons however, as made him sad, were constantly bickering. The old king then began his story, he said...

"My three dearest, your behaving grieves me. Together you are as old as I am now. You are as strong as an army, Artus, for in my life I have trained thee well. You are as fast as an eagle, Aquil, for in my life I have trained thee well. And you, my youngest, you are as cunning as as weasel, for even thee, Regin, I jave trained well during my life. You are all perfect knights and kings, however, due to your indispicable behaviour, I grant ye nothing."

He then turned to his seven daughters, and said...

"My dear daughters, you all are good and gentle ladies, although I never really looked after you. For that you must forgive me. I grant thee my entire realm. You can parcel it out as you wish, and I have every confidence in you."

He the sank back in his soft pillows, said "May God protect you all..." to all of his ten children, after which the light in his eyes went out and slowly he passed away.

After the old king's death, all mourned and grieved, but beneath their black clothing the seven ladies jubilated and the three sons silently condemned their father. After a few months politics ogled and the mourning cloaks went off again.

The seven sisters began to divide the kingdom, but with power and pride in eyesight soon they began bickering. And where once they were so gentle and wise, now they became bitter enemies.

Whilst they were still discussing, the three brothers went to find their fortune, each going his own path. They all hoped to find new territories to conquer and adventures to be made, but in silence wished their brothers' downfall...

The first hero, Artus, fought ten lions and seven snakes, before coming to a giant cave... Meanwhile, the second hero, Aquil, had to fly from a great dragon from whom he had stolen some treasure, before arriving at the very same dungeon...

When both brothers met, instantly theu began an epic fight, which Artus, the strong one, of course quickly won. Laying there, disarmored on the floor, Aquil begged, "Please, don't kill me! Just a few hours ago, I fled from a dangerous dragon, from whom I have stolen some gold! I believe this dark place may be his layer, and he might already be coming this way! Let us be brothers and friends for a while, and defeat the dragon together"...


[to be continued]


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten